Tuesday, December 1, 2009

that time of year


The holidays are fully upon us. Thanksgiving was great! We had our family and friends over and everything was great!







My cousin Heather's husband, Spencer, is in Afghanistan so we invited her over. And we had our friends, Jason and Monica, over with their kids. My sister, dad, brother and aunt too.






We made the turkey and a couple of sides. And everyone else brought sides and desserts too. It turned out really well. The food was delicious and the company was fantastic!







We played a game called Boxers or Briefs. Very ridiculous and fun. =)






And here's the great thing about my family...even if the turkey was terrible, we still would've had the best time.






I swear, I laughed so hard I must've burned every calorie I ate. Then my brother and I capped off the night with New Moon! I wouldn't consider myself a fanatic but I really do love the books and to be able to experience it in movie form is great.






We still haven't put up the tree but I really want to this week some time. It'll be interesting to see how Kaden is around it. He's such a little mischief maker so having all those pretty and shiny trinkets at his fingertips might be too much of a temptation.






I guess it'll just be a learning experience for us all.






He actually had one of those recently. I saw him the other day by the toy box...he opened the lid (it's a rubbermaid container with a hinged lid) and reached down for something and ended up falling in...the lid fell and his legs were dangling out of the box...I just had to laugh. He was grunting and whining and when I pulled him out, he got this big grin on his face. It made me feel good to know that he appreciates a good rescue.






Everything gets so busy around this time of year. Especially with the Christmas show coming up so soon. 9 days!! Only 3 more rehearsals. I'm looking forward to the show and then Christmas. And then the new year will be here before we know it. A time for new beginnings. And hopefully a slower pace!

No comments: