We went to Cenntennial Park today just to get out of the house and enjoy the beautiful day. We have been out there as a family several times, but growing up, I used to go there all the time with my mom and dad and sister. We used to live just about 4 miles away. And I remember when they revamped the Parthenon and brought in the big Athena statue.
Kaden had a really good time. We started off on the swings...and he does like the swing, but today it wasn't his favorite. So we took him over to the slides and let him slide down with Theona. He really liked that. But he seemed more interested in just walking around on his own. Exploring the playground and having that freedom to go as far as he wanted.
I should've gotten some pictures of Theona on the monkey bars. She's still too timid to really try it herself, but she let me kind of hold on to her legs while she swung across. She also did the single bar, I showed her how to lift her legs up and put her knees over the bar and hang upside down. She loved that. She wanted to swing, but those are always taken. But she played more with Kaden around the slides. We went to Shoney's afterwards. I can't even remember the last time I went there! But it was good. Theona liked getting the salad bar. And Kaden got it for free and ate really well. I had their chicken salad croissant. It was actually really good. Kaden was making all kinds of friends. He's just so popular, being all cute and baby-like...
He fell asleep on the way home. But not right away. He was starting to get fussy because he didn't get an afternoon nap and we could tell he was just tired. So Theona started rubbing his head and he fell right asleep. It was the sweetest thing! And once we got home, I put him in his PJs and he went straight to bed without a fuss. Earlier than normal, but we have church tomorrow so we'll be getting up earlier than normal too. It works out.
The choir isn't singing during the service, so we don't have to be there until 8:45! And even then, we don't have to rush to get the kids to their places and us to our class. Normally it's rush rush rush, get there at a little before 8:30 and get to the choir room. It's nice to have a laid back Sunday morning every now and then.
Monday is painting day!! I'm helping with the Christmas show sets and I'm really looking forward to getting out of the house (without the kids) and having some fun girl time.
No comments:
Post a Comment