Never, have I ever felt so much sinus pressure in my life! In the last several weeks of my pregnancy with Kaden, I was always stuffed up and couldn't breathe all that well. But it was just congestion. I got sick once while I was pregnant with him. Achy, flu-like symptoms but it was just a 24 hour bug.
I don't remember ever being sick when I was pregnant with Theona at all. Only back pain at the end. And I think that was because I worked a full time job sitting at a computer. And luckily, I had an awesome doctor (who I have again) who induced me 2 weeks early so I didn't even have to deal with it that long.
At the beginning of last week, I could feel the beginnings of a sore throat. I thought it was probably because the temps changed so quickly. By Friday, I knew it wasn't just a sore throat. Stuffy nose, LOTS of sneezing, and a sinus headache. Saturday wasn't so bad. I stayed at home all day. I had to sing a solo in the choir song on Sunday so I wanted to try to take care of myself as much as possible. Sunday morning, I was feeling a little bit better. Enough that I could get through the song in both services. I even made it through lunch. Then tried to take a nap, but no luck. Theona had gone home with the Cowarts so I had to go to church that night to pick her up.
Monday morning, I felt like complete garbage! So much sinus pressure it hurt to move. Luckily, Loren had only two classes in the morning and was with me the rest of the day. I was able to nap for almost 3 hours. Unfortunately, it didn't help much. This morning, I woke up feeling a tiny bit better but I've been with the kiddos all day by myself and it hasn't been easy to relax. I'm really hoping to get over this soon! It's hard only being able to take Tylenol for the headache and Mucinex for the coughing. Just about the only thing I can do about the stuffy nose is a nasal spray.
I've been drinking juice like crazy so my vitamin C would be up. I haven't been able to taste anything for 3 days. But I have to keep telling myself that it could be SO much worse. Oh...and this too shall pass...
No comments:
Post a Comment