Friday, November 5, 2010

anxious

I have a doctor's appointment today.  And since the beginning, Dr. Rodier has been checking for progress.  Since this isn't my first pregnancy, she wants to make sure that I'm not going too quickly.  It has been so comforting to know what's going on with it all.  In September, I went in for an appointment and she told me that I had only a little "firmness" in my cervix, but that it was still closed.  Then I went in a month ago and she told me there was NO firmness left.  At this point I'm going every two weeks.  My last appointment, she told me it was the same.  So I'm hoping for similar report this time.  I know I'll probably start dilating early, but I don't it to be this early.

She can already feel his head...I'm curious to know if he's still head down at this point.  He's been doing a lot of moving in the last week, but it's hard to tell if any of that movement has been the "somersault" kind.  Tomorrow, I'll have 7 weeks left until my due date.  But, she's already told me in not so many words that she's going to induce early.  My last appointment is set for Dec. 13th.  I'll be 38 wks and 2 days then.  Prime condition to be induced!  So...if we look at it that way, I have 5 weeks.  A little over a month.  Scary!

I'm ready to meet this little guy though!!  My precious Christmas gift!

No comments: