We have been living in Donelson for just shy of 2 months, but it seems like we've always lived here. I can't even begin to describe how much I love it. Not only have we been able to have company over at least once a week, we've been so much more active! When we lived farther away from everyone (in Ashland City and Ft Campbell), we'd stay close to home most of the time and there weren't many places to go if the weather was bad.
And we've had an amazing several days here. It's been so nice outside, sunny and the temperature is perfect! The kids haven't seen much of the inside of the house. Any chance they get, they're outside playing in the backyard. I'm happier here than I have been in quite a while. What a difference 30 miles can make.
The kids are thriving too. Paxton is getting SO big! He's been sleeping through the night for about 3 weeks and he's taking great naps during the day. His smile melts my heart and it comes so easily. I secretly love the fact that sometimes when he's with Loren and he gets fussy, all it takes is being in mama's arms to calm him.
I don't know why but I've wanted to spend more time with him when we go to church and he's in the nursery. I think part of it is that I can focus my attention on him only. I spend day after day at home with all 3 kids so any one on one time I get is few and far between. And maybe another part is not knowing whether we'll have more kids after him. I'm soaking up this stage as much as I can.
And I'm so excited for the next stages! He's rolled over once, but it won't be long before he's trying to get up on all fours, then trying to crawl, then trying to stand, cruise and walk! I can't wait to see his face the first time he steps out onto the grass in his bare feet....
No comments:
Post a Comment