Sunday, October 9, 2011

Random Things I Love About My Kids

Theona Grace:

 Well, firstly, she's my only girl.  And for that reason alone, I cherish her.  She is 50% tomboy, 50% princess.  She'll be the best companion for her brothers because she doesn't mind getting a little dirty.  But she'll also be a great teacher to them on how to treat a lady.  She will try something new (like Upward cheerleading)...only after a little prodding.  But once she knows she's capable of it, she loves it.   She helps me a lot with the boys.  Even if she's busy playing, she'll do whatever I ask.  She is great with kids that are younger, always has been.  Her eyes are beautiful.  She is going to break many hearts.







Kaden Christopher:

He has been a ball of joy since birth.  Smiling constantly.  He has a lisp.  Nuff said.  Ha!  He is so musical!  Always dancing when he hears music.  He can mimic notes when I'm singing them to him.  He's 99.9% boy.  Cars, super heroes, destruction.  Those are his things.  But he'll also wear the crap out of some dress up shoes.  He has the sweetest little face!!  Melts me.  That white blond hair and those crystal blue eyes.  His ability to just shake it off when he falls down.  He'll get right back up with a reassuring "I'm okay".  The fact that instead of being attached to a blanket, he has slept with the same panda almost every night of his life.  He wants me to cut the tags off of all other stuffed animals, but rubs the tag on the panda between his fingers.  He will also break many hearts...but he'll be gentle.

Paxton William:

I'm still figuring him out.  First of all...he has the most contented disposition of all of them.  He slept through the night more quickly than the other two.  He is my little observer.  Always watching.  He saves his smiles and laughs for when he really truly means them.  He's a squealer too.  Sometimes he just lets a big ol' squeal out, I think to remind us all of his presence.  He is the fastest grower of them all.  He may have been 2 lbs less than Kaden was at birth, but he certainly made up for it very quickly.  I could see him having few relationships, but they will be meaningful ones.  I don't think he'll break hearts...he'll try to only give his love to one person.  Don't tell the other two...he's the cutest.  ;)  Oh, and he's my one and only thumb-sucker.  None of them really took a paci, but he managed to find that thumb early on.  And only reserves it for when he's REALLY tired.



Even though they are siblings, they are all so different.  From personality to appearance.  And they all bring something new to the party, so to speak.  I can't wait to know them as pre-teens, teens, and adults...to watch them become who they want to be.  To be there for them in their defeats and rejoice with them during triumphs.  Good grief, I love them!

No comments: