Paxton had his 9 month well baby visit on the 14th. I was running late. Very unusual for me...but Loren didn't get home until 30 minutes before I had to leave with Paxton, so I had to take a lightening speed shower and dry my hair in that time. So when I pulled up to the office building, I valeted which I've never done but I was already 5 minutes late at that point. I called up to the office to let them know I was there.
I pulled my wallet out to pay the valet, and he told me that Dr. Keown's office validates parking. Score! I got up to the office only 10 minutes late and it only took about 5 to get us back to the exam room. The past several appointments we've brought the stroller because it's just easier. I had the simple umbrella stroller which he seemed to enjoy, we've never used it for him before.
The nurse weighed and measured him first. He's 21 lbs 8 oz and 29 inches. A whole 3 lbs and 2 inches more than his 6 month visit. He was having a good time in the room waiting for Dr. Keown because there was this huge picture book. Each page had a different theme, and any page that had a baby or child on in made him light up! He loves looking in the mirror, or looking at pictures and videos of himself or other babies and kids.
After just a few minutes, Dr. Keown came in and checked him out and gave us the same report as every appointment. He's growing like a weed, doing great, and progressing exactly as he should. He's got his second bottom tooth coming in and I'm sure his top two will pop out any second. He got a hep shot and the first half of his flu shot. We've never done flu shots before...and our kids have never had the flu. So I'm hoping that he won't get any symptoms. He also got a shot in his arm for the TB test. I have to look at it tomorrow and see if there's any discoloration then let the Dr.'s office know.
Before she left, Dr. Keown asked what formula he's on. She always gives us coupons. So I told her we had switched from Similac to Nestle Good Start because of WIC, told her we weren't on WIC anymore but decided to stay with NGS since we didn't want to switch him back and forth between formulas. She left to see if she could find some coupons for it. She came back with 3 small cans of the formula! This is why I love her!
We'll go back next month to get the second part of his flu shot and Theona and Kaden will get their flu mists then too. And Theona will get her yearly check up then too. Paxton won't go for a check up until he's a year old! Kaden will have his yearly then too...easier for us, the boys will have their yearlies at the same time. All in all, we have 3 of the most healthy kids you'll ever meet!
No comments:
Post a Comment