September 5th marks the first time in my almost 8 years of motherhood that I will have some free time during the week. Theona and Kaden have really loved school so far! They got their first progress reports today. The only thing Kaden has to work on is staying in his seat to finish his school work. I am SO glad that we were able to send him to pre-k this year! Theona got 2 As and the rest are Bs. Most people don't know how huge that is for us and her. Last year, she struggled in class and I struggled with her teacher. She wasn't very forgiving in her teaching style and didn't have very much patience.
Theona's biggest challenge has been reading. She has come leaps and bounds in 9 months though. And one of her As was in Language Arts!! Her teacher is really the sweetest girl ever! I really really really am so grateful that we get to spend the next two years with her! And the whole 3rd grade team is wonderful! I think Theona is thriving in this setting where she changes teachers for different subjects. We had the open house at school last week and when I got my turn to talk with Mrs. Mayes, she said Theona has finally come out of her shell. She would hardly speak up at the beginning of the year and now she's answering questions in class and when she's done writing in her journal, she asks to do something else. I couldn't be prouder of her!
Kaden has a daily calendar that comes home with him that is marked with a smiley, neutral, or frowny face and with the exception of a couple of days, he's had smileys! He loves Mrs. Greenwood and Mrs. Luda and has even started talking about his friends in class by name! Colin, Dalton, Fafannah (Savannah), Crystal, Marly (Marlin), and Sincere. It's so cute having a conversation with him about his day! Kindergarten is going to be a breeze!
And now, Paxton is in school too! Two days a week, he goes to Mother's Day Out at Tulip Grove Baptist from 9:30 until 1:30. Mondays and Wednesdays are going to be busy but I'm going to get so much done! I'll have about 4 hours to run errands or do laundry or eat lunch with friends! Today, I went to Aldi, McKay's, Lifeway, Kroger, home and then back to TGB to pick up Pax. He actually napped and had just woken up when I got there. His teacher, Mrs. Margorie, was holding him and he didn't even reach for me! I think it's safe to say that having them all in school is only going to benefit us all!
A little side note...I got 7 books off of the Pinterest list of 67! I also got myself a book too and paid less than $15 total! I'm very excited to start this new journey of motherhood! And I'm confident that my sanity level will be greatly increased! ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment