The last 4 months have been insane! It feels like its been so much longer than that. When we found out that we were going to have to move out, I basically let myself freak out and then moved on from it. I haven't felt one second of worry or panic since then because I know that God will take care of us.
It's taken a long time for me to get to the point where I just don't worry about things. And I'll never forget the Sunday when my good friend's dad was our teacher and gave a lesson on besetting sin. A sin that has a grip on us. And worry was mine. I was in the midst of anther deployment away from Loren and trying to take care of everything on this side of the Atlantic. I was so quick to let that worry take over.
And what good does it do? Worry is not a productive activity. It is stagnate and doesn't get you anywhere. It makes you imagine the worst. And the only time it does you any good is when you let go of it.
We thought for a while that we were going to have to move out to another rental for a we months before we could set a contract up on any house. See, Loren's credit (because he is the only one with income) has to be just a little but better in order for us to get approved for a loan. But we got a call today about the house being foreclosed on. The bank will honor the current lease agreement, which goes through next February. They won't make us move. And with the timing being so tight for us (we'll be able to officially start looking by the end of March), we were dreading the thought of renting another place for 2 or 3 months and having to move again. And finding a place that would rent out for that brief of a time...nearly impossible.
I started a new bible study last night, led by Debbie Sensing. We gave prayer requests at the end. I mentioned this situation. I haven't been eager to share with a lot of people because I just got so tired of relaying the same disappointing information over and over. But I figured with this small group, I could get it off my chest and extra prayers are always a good thing.
It's amazing how quickly things can turn around. Less than 24 hours after sharing! And Loren had a char with Pastor Rob last night while I was in choir. I'm sure he was praying too.
So those who rely on faith are blessed along with Abraham, the man of faith. Galatians 3:9
No comments:
Post a Comment