Monday, September 9, 2013

Bailey Family Update

It's been so long since I posted a blog!  The Baileys have moved since the last blog.  We live on the corner of the street where Theona Grace (she has decided that she wants to be called Grace now) and Kaden go to school.  My last post was about how worry is wasteful.  We ended up moving to an IDEAL house! It's a little outdated but we're just renting.  We love living this close to the school!  And even closer to church.  And I'm there SO much that it just makes sense.

Speaking of school, Grace is in 4th grade this year!  I can't even believe it's her last year in elementary school!  She has the same teachers as last year because they loop up for 3rd and 4th at Pennington.  This policy is amazing!  They get to know those kids SO well and it only helps them in the classroom.  Mrs. Mayes is her homeroom teacher and has her for Science and Social Studies.  She goes to Mrs. Autry for reading and language arts and then Mrs. Lacey for math.  Kaden started kindergarten this year and loves it!  He comes home every day wanting to write his letters and numbers.  Mrs. Lamb is his teacher.   She is the sweetest woman!  I am so grateful that my kids love their teachers!  They got there mid 9 weeks progress reports the other day and both are doing great!  Grace's only Bs are in language arts and art.  The rest are As!  Kaden got a lot of Es too!

Loren is also still in school.  He is observing in the classroom this semester and next semester he'll be student teaching!  They've changed some requirements for graduation so there's a chance he won't get to graduate in the spring like he's supposed to.  We're praying that it all gets worked out because he already has everything set to graduate now if he could...but he still has to work in the classroom first.

Paxton is doing 2 days at Mother's Day Out with Tulip Grove Baptist again this year.  He just started last week so he hasn't quite gotten into that routine yet.  It's a great little break for me and he loves the social aspect of it.  He'll be 3 in December and still hasn't shown much interest in potty training.  He's only used the toilet one time and actually initiated it himself.  But the big kids both quit wearing diapers/pull ups right around they're 3rd birthday.  Kaden practically potty trained himself and has only had a handful of accidents since then.  I think Paxton might be the same way.  But I could compare them until I'm blue in the face and one thing stays the same...all kids are different even if it's just in small ways.

I'm doing a lot of different things nowadays.  I started working out with Tonya Gardener 2 days a week.  She leads a Devoted Fitness class at church and it's a great way to burn LOTS of calories!  I've also been doing a Monday night bible study life group which has been awesome!  The age range in that class is HUGE!  From 20s to 70s, so there are many different points of view.  And we're getting ready to start Christmas rehearsals.  We're doing The Christmas Post again.  I was in the show last time too, but I'm playing a different character this time...and I'm in EVERY scene.  I'm a little nervous about the volume of stage time, but I remember most of the show from last time so it won't be too bad.

I've also been leading the Kidz Choir at church too.  I had SO much fun last year with it.  I hope this year we have more kids and that they have as much fun as I do!  We'll see how many regular kids we'll have this year. 

Grace's birthday is coming up soon and we're doing a tie-dye party!  So excited about it!  It's gonna be a blast and I can't wait to get creative!  I wish we could travel over the holidays but it's not looking good!  With all the practices for the show and the kids' school schedule and Loren's, it's just really hard to plan anything.  There will come a day when they're all on the same school schedule and we can do whatever we want!  That is what keeps me going.  The promise of a regular routine is just on the horizon.  And hopefully my sanity is with it!  ;)  Leaving you with some current pictures of the kiddos!





No comments: