Saturday, November 14, 2015

Two for one. We Will Remember, and The Love of Jesus

I'm slacking y'all!  I had intended to write every week about the song for the coming Sunday, but it hasn't panned out that way.  So I'm just going to do a quick catch up with the two weeks I missed in this blog.  First, on November 1st, we sang a song called We Will Remember.  Our church celebrated it's 60th anniversary that week.  I was excited to sing on praise team that week because I feel like a part of its history.  I've been a member since just after my 3rd birthday.  In October of 84, we started attending.  For half of TDF's existence, I've been a part of it.  We've grown so much since then and our choir song was a tribute to looking back at all the Lord has done for us.  

The chorus says "We will remember, we will remember.  We will remember the works of your hands.  We will stop and give you praise for great is Thy faithfulness."


My favorite line has to be  "I still remember the day you saved me...the day I heard You call out my name.  You said You loved me and would never leave me and I've never been the same."  There are times when we sing a song that I can understand based on having seen someone go through something, but then there are times when it's like the lyrics are straight from my heart and mind.  And this is one of those songs.  It was an all around sweet service and I'm so grateful to belong to a church family that lives life together!


Last Sunday, we sang The Love of Jesus.  Liberty University has a group of singers that sang this song...but I'm partial to our choir, partly because the soloist on this song is just so gifted!  Johnny killed it!  You can see the choir singing here.  You'll have to go in about 20 minutes for the beginning of the song.  But it's just so sweet!  We sing in the chorus...the most powerful words:   The love of Jesus, Jesus.  The love of Jesus is all I need.  The love of Jesus, Jesus.  The love of Jesus sets me free.  


If those were the only words we sang the entire song, it would be complete.  But we have these beautiful verses to cling to as well.  


Oh the love of Jesus, Oh the love of God.  It's a love that will not leave us.  A love that braves the cross.

Fountain overflowing, filling all my hurt, healing places deep and broken.  As if they never were.
Already where I'm going, no matter where I've been.  It's a love that is all-knowing, but forgets my every sin.

Mercy undeserving.  Too great to comprehend.  That a king would choose to serve me.  My judge become my friend.

Scarred for our rebellion, He was bruised for all mankind.  His death became salvation, my way, my truth, my life.

So should I fall from where I stand, on the grace of God I'll land.  And if in doubt I lose my way, His faithfulness will never stray.  So I will rise up in the morning and with all creation sing.


Lately, we've been challenged to truly worship.  To think about each lyric.  To process it in such a way that when we are singing, we are praising God but also using our love for music in a ministry capacity.  As a choir, we are meant to help lead worship each time we're up there.  And for lack of a better definition...we are the face of the worship service.  And while I feel like I've always been pretty expressive up there, I have been convicted since Corey spoke to us about why we do what we do.  And I feel His presence more when I'm singing in the service.  I'm just so excited about what the Lord is doing in my life and with the church body!




No comments: