About 15 minutes ago I went into the bathroom to find that we had a little creek in there. Thinking that Theona must have caused it somehow, I asked her to come in there. She was adamant in telling me that she didn't do anything in there. I can tell when she's not being 100% truthful and in this case, she was being completely honest.
So I asked her to get me a couple of towels, so she did.
I started cleaning up the water and heard what sounded like a small flow of water. I started feeling around the toilet after I had cleaned it all up. I discovered the source of the leak and was just disgusted. Not because there was anything gross about it. But because it's just another thing we're having to deal with.
The leak was coming from a spot where a screw was. Just behind the bowl. The way the bathroom is layed out, the toilet is right next to the counter. Absolutely too close. I had some pliers and tried to reach around and tighten it as much as I could, after I used my hand of course. But I just couldn't get it. Not even a maintenance man would be able to get it...it's THAT close to the counter.
There's a good foot and a half on the other side of the toilet. But of course, the problem was coming from the other side. One thing I noticed was that there is a hole right next to where the screw goes in. A hole in the porcelain! Which may be the reason why the screw was loose to begin with. How long the hole has been there, I have no idea. What caused the hole, I have no idea. But seeing as we're leaving tomorrow for a week, I'm not going to call maintenance about it until we get back. They wouldn't consider it an emergency at all, so there's no point. They wouldn't be able to come out until probably the beginning of next week anyway. And in this case, they'll either just put puddy in there or they'll replace the toilet.
Who thinks they'll replace it?? Not me. And seeing as we've got some puddy stuff already, I may just do it myself. I'm handy like that. And the leak isn't like a constant flow. It's just barely a drip.
I'm so over this house and its many many flaws. There are going to be little things I have to deal with on a day to day basis while Loren is gone. Things I'd be dealing with even if he were here. So I just have to suck it up and move on.
It'll be easier, of course, when he's here. But I can't whine and moan about it. I just have to take care of it myself. It's the kind of thing I do myself anyway, even when Loren is here. If I think something is wrong with an appliance, I'll try to fix it myself. Or if I can see the water is coming out of the faucet weird, I'll take the nozzle apart and clean it out. Loren never thinks to do those things. He'll just deal with it the way it is. Not me...I like things to be working correctly and most efficiently.
So here I am....just coping with it.
No comments:
Post a Comment