
Well, it's been quite a birthday week. Kaden's on Sunday, mine yesterday. What a great way to celebrate!! I did have a thought though...once the kids are a little older, we can celebrate both kids halfway between theirs...August 16th and September 20th. We can make a big day of it.
We had my family over. And Rachel, CJ and Evie. And Monica, Jason, Ashlynn and Ian.
I had decided about a month before that I wanted to just make a couple of lasagnas and salad for dinner. And then we'd have cake and ice cream. Easy peasy. Well, I completely forgot to get the ice cream but everything else was great!
Kaden had a good day. Great nap in the afternoon. I knew he'd have to get to bed at his normal time though so once everyone was here we opened presents. Which he had no interest in...but he did find a couple of his toys really fun, so he wouldn't even look at the rest. But he has since played with all of the toys equally.

He got some great clothes too. Very cute, of course. The kids were all CRRRAZY! But they had a great time.
And I got some great stuff too!! Lots of really sweet cards, a scrapbook set (which I haven't done in forever and need to do soon), a facial (which I haven't done yet, but I can't wait), a gift card for Barnes and Noble to get a coffee (which will be great next time we're at Opry Mills) and WICKED TICKETS!!!!

My dad got them for me. He rocks. And I'm taking Deborah with me. We've both never seen it, so it'll be amazing!

Tuesday was bunco and Wednesday was church, then Family Fun Night at the Cowart's house. Today has been a lazy day...aside from teaching Theona for 4 hours. But I was glad that I didn't have to leave the house at all. Tomorrow should be about the same too. Saturday is Joe's birthday party, so I think I'll have had my fill of birthday cake for the next year!
All in all, I give this week 5 stars!
No comments:
Post a Comment