I can watch this no matter what kind of mood I'm in and be happy. Junior year of high school, we used the music from this movie's score for our marching band show. My first year marching, and I absolutely LOVED the show. So whenever I watch this and hear those familiar tunes, it brings a smile to my face. You can't beat Robin Williams and Dustin Hoffman in a movie together! Not to mention, the characters are classic! And I read the other day that the name Wendy was created by J. M. Barrie just for the book! Pretty neat.9. Where the Heart Is ft. Natalie Portman, Ashley Judd, and Stockard Channing (and a small but so funny part for Joan Cusack)

This movie has some really hard themes to watch, but as most movies go, it ends well. Natalie Portman plays a great Tennessee gal. And Stockard Channing kills me!! The book is also really good, so that's always nice. There's something about a young woman having a baby at the Walmart that just gets to me! :)
8. Alice in Wonderland/Through the Looking Glass ft way too many greats for me to name here...but a couple are Red Buttons, Carol Channing, Lloyd and Beau Bridges...and dun duh duh duh...John Stamos!
This is one of those movies I grew up watching. It was a made-for-TV movie in 1985. I bought it on ebay (on DVD!) a couple of years ago and we've watched it so many times since then. It stays very true to the books which is always a plus. I love the girl who plays Alice and have always wished she would've done more acting, but if this was her biggest achievement in film, I'd still salute her. Alice is an iconic character and she handled herself!7. Stick It! ft. Missy Peregrym, Jeff Bridges, John Patrick Amedori (teen Evan in Butterfly Effect), and Kellan Lutz (for all you TwiNerds out there)

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE this movie! As you can see from the poster, it's from the writer of Bring It On...which is a great movie too. I always laugh my head off when I watch this. From the attitude of the main character, to her two best friends, who remind me of kids I hung out with in high school. The quick-paced dialogue and gym slang are enough to keep me laughing from start to finish. Oh and the gymnastics are AMAZING!! I think the team from VGA (the academy in the movie) is based off of UGA's gymnastics team. For one thing, they're usually first or second in the nation and their colors are red and black (and in one scene, the team wears red and black gym suits). My mom taught at UGA for 3 years and she's always been a fan of their sports, and I guess it rubbed off on me.
6. Finding Nemo ft. Ellen Degeneres. Need I say more?

I'm H2O intolerant.
Good afternoon. We're gonna have a great jump today. Okay, first crank a hard cutback as you hit the wall. There's a screaming bottom curve, so watch out. Remember: rip it, roll it, and punch it.
Fish are friends, not food.
Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming. What do we do? We swim, swim.
Don't tell me to be calm, pony boy.
P. Sherman, 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney.
Mine.
Uhhh... the sea monkeys have my money... yes, I'm a natural blue...
I mean, there are just so many great lines from that movie, I could go on and on!!!
5. Twilight ft. Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson, Peter Facinelli

I'm sure the other three movies will be added to this as a compilation rather than 4 separate movies. The love between Bella and Edward is beyond this world. And I can't go without saying, the books have become epic to a lot of my friends. It's not something I'm obsessed with but I can't knock the people that are. Because I can see where the story would suck you in. Um...no pun intended. But it's true! Now I do have to say that I love the book, but I just like the movie a lot. But that doesn't stop me from watching it over and over! ;)
4. Newsies ft. Christian Bale, David Moscow, and Bill Pullman (and a cameo by Ann-Margret)

Where to begin? I love musicals. I love musicals. I can't say it enough! And this is one of the greatest musicals of my time, I think. Besides Wicked and Rent. And I really wish they'd bring it to Broadway! This came out in 1992 and I've watched it ever since. Multiple times throughout the year. The songs are so epic to me. And it's so uplifting too! I also got this off ebay on DVD. You can't beat Christian Bale singing and dancing!
3. The Harry Potter Series ft Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, and Rupert Grint
These are classics in this house. Every once in a while, we just have ourselves a little Harry Potter Marathon. I've read the books several times and seen
the movies, ten times more. The story is amazing. The cast is great. The scripts are great. The acting is great. I can even handle Emma Watson's over-acting eyebrows. Because in the end, you know good is going to win over evil. You can't get much better than that!2. Steel Magnolias ft. Julia Roberts, Sally Field, Shirley MacLaine, Olympia Dukakis, Dolly Parton, and Daryl Hannah

I love a movie I can watch with my sister and mom. We all love this movie completely and I think it's safe to say that it's in the top 5 for all of us. This is another one that has a million great quotes! And I can't go without crying when I watch it. Dolly is a TRIP!
And the number 1 movie on my list......
Wizard of Oz ft. Judy Garland, Frank Morgan, Ray Bolger, Bert Lahr, Jack Haley, and Billie Burke

My all time, top of the list, favorite movie ever!! From the music, to the colors and the costumes. The combination of the 4 characters together is burned into my brain and always brings me some odd comfort. I first saw this movie when I was 2 years old. And I was so excited when the Scarecrow came out that I peed on my dad!! This is one of those movies that never gets old and is loved from generation to generation. The sequel (of sorts) Return to Oz is also among my favorites and one I watched a lot when I was little. Theona loves it as much as I do, and that's saying a lot!
No comments:
Post a Comment