Friday, November 6, 2009

it's that time again

Another update...

Kaden is in full mobility mode.  He climbs, he walks, he gets into everything!!  He blabbers a lot, but doesn't really say any words besides dada, which is everything.  Loren walks into a room..."DADA!"  When I walk into a room..."DADA!"  When he looks up at the ceiling fan..."DADA!"

But sometimes he does say mama, which is the best sound in the world!  He says nana too for Theona.  I can ask him to say it and he does.  That's about the only thing he'll say on command, but it's only 1 out of 10 times.

He doesn't mind having his nose wiped which I find absolutely surprising because Theona hated it.  He sits still for me to clip his nails, which is also very surprising because he never sits still for anything!  He shakes his head "no" all the time, it's the cutest thing! 

Theona can make him laugh with one look.  I love their relationship.  She just loves him.  No jealousy, no picking on him.  Just pure sibling love.  She's always asking to hold him, even though at this point he's a little more than half her weight!

She's in between 41 and 42 lbs and he's at 23. 

My big boy.  He's not huge on cuddling, but when he does, it's usually with me.  He does love his mama.

Theona is really doing well with homeschooling.  She picks up on pretty much everything really quickly.  But she loves numbers.  Math, or anything to do with numbers and she's on it.  She must take after her nana...

She says the funniest things!  Tonight we were talking about how God created the world and she said, "and He created everything about the world, like the church and the beach!"  Where those two things came from, I have no idea!

We're all getting excited about the holidays coming up.  Loren has a speaking part in the Christmas show and I'm anxious to see how he does!  And we're having Thanksgiving at our house this year.  We're finally in a place where we have the room to have everyone over.  The first Thanksgiving I made a turkey, it was so moist it was falling off the bone.  Delicicous! 

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday for family.  No pressure about gifts and everyone just getting together to hang out and eat and play some games and watch some football. 

Just heard a great quote...simple but true..."God will make a way..."

Love that.  We're watching Meet the Browns...it's hilarious!  Anyway, that line was in there.  Now I'm going to finish the movie!

1 comment:

TheBookKnerd said...

Theona must love church and the beach! That was so sweet!