Tuesday, May 11, 2010

you'd think I'd be used to this by now...

They say each pregnancy can be different.  I never put much thought into that idea because my pregnancies had been so similar.  Until now.  I just feel weird.  Anxious sometimes.  It seems like I'm hungry ALL the time, but I dread eating because I basically get heartburn every time.  Which lasts until the next time I eat just about.  I have to make sure I don't lay down for a nap right after lunch because the heartburn is almost unbearable.  And I've had the most unusual cravings this go-round.  The foods themselves aren't that unusual.  I keep craving comfort foods.  Yesterday I made chicken and dumplings and some shells n cheese.  Then today, I made spaghetti.  And I'm actually craving cold water.  Just out of the fridge water.  I'm trying to stay off the caffeine and so far so good.  Except for sweet tea.  I'm pretty sure when I'm ordering a glass when we eat out, it's not decaf.  But beyond that, I'm okay. 

I'm definitely feeling the fatigue, but that probably has more to do with having the most active almost 21 month old ever than actually being pregnant.  I'm convinced that Kaden will be a great big brother, but he is already so jealous of Theona, it's ridiculous!  I'll be fixing her hair or just letting her sit in my lap and as soon as Kaden sees her, he comes running and whines at me to get her away!  So funny.  I can't believe it!  She's never been jealous at all, but he just loves his mama too much.

He'll be 2 and 4 months when the baby is born.  I can't wait to see him at that age!  It's such an adventure having more than one kid, especially when they've reached their milestones at different times.  Theona was such a talker when she was a toddler.  Not just her own baby language, but she had such a vocabulary when she was Kaden's age.  Then there's Kaden who talks all day long, but never makes much sense to us.  He has the basics, of course.  Mama, Daddy, Na Na (Theona), Bah (ball), Ju (juice), Uppa (up), I pa pa (I'm poopy).  I'm trying to get him to say his own name and he does say something when I point to him and say his name.  He gets it...he just can't get it to come out right.  And just today, he started using different consonant sounds so I have no doubt we'll soon be having conversations with him.

I can't wait to find out the gender of this little baby nugget!  It'll be the beginning of August.  Just in time for my birthday!  I think the one major purchase we'll have to shell out the dough for is a carseat.  We've used the same one since Theona, and they recommend buying a new one anyway.  But we've got the stroller...oh the sit and stand stroller...how I love it!  It's by far the best purchase we've ever made for the kids. 

Oh, and the van of course!  HA!  Love that minivan.  I am both ecstatic and terrified...3 kids by the end of the year...wow.

No comments: