Monday, June 28, 2010

It's time for...T.....M......I!!!!

So the pregnancy is going well.  Things seem to be pretty normal.  Hopefully I'll get to go to the doctor in the next couple of weeks.  We have TennCare now.  And while it's a HUGE relief to have insurance, it's been a pain getting there.  When you're accepted, they go ahead and assign a doctor close to your home address.  They also put that doctor's name on the card they send you.  So that when you go in for appointments, and you show your insurance, they can get paid in a timely manner.  Well, the doctor they assigned to me and the kids isn't in business right now because of the flood.  His office in Ashland City got flooded out.

So when a rep from the insurance company called to set up appointments for the kids, he found out over the phone that the doctor couldn't take patients.  Then we started a 30 minute long quest to find them a doctor.  He called a place in Clarksville first.  They weren't accepting new patients at the time.  Then he called another doctor in Clarksville and we got it set up, thank goodness.  But it all took that long! 

I have my initial appointment with my doctor tomorrow!!  Finally!  And they said I don't have to have the new card with her name on it yet!  So that's a huge relief too. 

Now all I have to do is call TennCare and change my pcp with them so they can send the new card.

Here's where the TMI comes in...

I haven't had too many pregnancy symptoms.  No nausea or breast tenderness or anything.  But I was really fatigued in the first trimester and in the past couple of weeks have had issues with...well...poop.  I've been a little constipated.  So hopefully she'll prescribe me some stool softener.  I'm anxious to hear this little one's heartbeat.  We probably won't do that tomorrow.  I just have to do the "pee test" and get all the info in order.  Luckily, I've had this dr. before!  She delivered Theona.  I am SO relieved. 

Theona has to get updated shots when she goes to her doctor next week.  I'm hoping she'll be brave.  When she got her ears pierced, she did great, hardly even made a sound.  Shots are a little different, but I think she'll do okay.

Kaden will go back to the doctor for his 2 year check up.  He'll get some updated shots then too...I'm not as hopeful that he'll do as well.  Having your legs held down by a strange nurse isn't always something a 2 year old looks forward to.

I hate that I've had to wait this long to see a doctor for this pregnancy, but the up side is that I'll only have 5 weeks until my ultrasound!  I haven't been too anxious about it so far because I've just been keeping it out of my mind.  But once I've heard that heartbeat and have a date set for the appointment, I think it'll be hard for me not to think about it.  I just can't wait!  Boy or girl, I just want the baby to be healthy.  I have a slight advantage over some expecting mothers who only have kids of one gender.  Since I've already got one of each, I can just sit back and wait.

Hopefully I won't have anymore negative "side affects" of pregnancy.  One thing I do have that isn't TOO big of a deal is acne.  Terribly annoying because I never had it before pregnancy.  Not even in high school.  I can live with it though. 

25 weeks and 5 days to go!  Or less...

No comments: