When the nurse called me back from the waiting room, she remembered me from almost 6 years ago and I remembered her too. She is so sweet and kind and bubbly. The whole atmosphere is warm and inviting. I did my business, they drew my blood, asked if I had any questions and then sent me next door to get an ultrasound! I was thinking I may not even get to hear the heartbeat today since it was just the initial visit. But because I'm already so far along, they wanted to make sure the baby was developing correctly and all.
Seeing that familiar black and white screen was reassuring in a way I can't even describe. Just knowing the little nugget was growing and thriving! And then she went to the screen where we could see the heartbeat. Steady and sweet at 154. She couldn't get a good look at the baby's face because the nugget was so content to just lay sideways.
I had just emptied my bladder to give the doctor a urine sample so she couldn't quite measure my cervix. Which meant that she had to do a vaginal ultrasound. That in intself sounds traumatizing, but it really was nothing! And it took all of 30 seconds.
I got pictures, Loren was happy since he had stayed home with the kids. I put some in a frame too!

No comments:
Post a Comment