Tuesday, January 11, 2011

milestones

It's amazing to me how much Kaden has changed since we brought Paxton home.  He has learned so many new words and is really forming 4 and 5 word sentences.  And he just looked SO huge to me the first day we were home.  He can actually have a conversation with me.  That is, when he sits still long enough! 

He's just getting so big!  He already growing out of his 2T pants.  The waists fit him okay, but the length is almost not doable anymore.  Shirts are okay...but his arms are almost too long for them.  We just put him in 2T in August!  Oh well...at least we know Paxton will rarely lack for clothes. 

He likes wearing a knit hat that I made.  And he loves putting on Theona's shoes...too funny!  He doesn't like wearing clothes all that much.  But strangely for the past 20 hours he has kept on a pair of flannel pjs!  He MUST be cold.  He never needs to wear clothes in the house because he's so hot natured.  He's like a portable heater!

He has the cutest lisp with his Ss...and when he says words like "super" or "yes"...I can't help but smile!  He can point out certain letters when he sees them.  And tries to sing the ABCs with me.  And he loves Itsy Bitsy Spider and the B-I-B-L-E song.  He can count to 5 on his own, and he counted up to 10 with help once.  I credit Sesame Street, Word World and Super Why with this sudden interest in letters and numbers. 

I love that little guy...he's just such a joy!

No comments: