Tuesday, January 4, 2011

blockage

Well, little man has been constipated.  Poor thing.  He had a pretty large poopy diaper on Sunday and cried and cried until he was done.  And today he has been fussy all day and hasn't had a true nap until now.  Just a little while ago, he finally pooped and really tuckered himself out. 

He's 3 weeks old today and aside from that issue, he's been great!  He's sleeping pretty well at night, but we'd love to get him to sleep at least 6 hours at a time...so far his longest stretch has been almost 5 hours. 

And as far as helping with the constipation, I looked up some home remedies and basically for his age, we can give him a bottle with just water every so often to help "flush" him out, so-to-speak.  And we can also do a warm bath filled above his belly and massage it.  I think the water will truly help.  One of the things they say can cause constipation is too much at one feeding too often.  So if we cut back on the ounces he has per feeding, but feed him more frequently, and do the water, he should get to a good point.

They also said the brand and type of formula can affect their digestive system, which we were already aware of.  So we've been trying to transition him to a formula that is more gentle.  Kaden had to have the formula for gassy babies so Paxton may be the same way.

He's just the cutest thing and I never tire of hearing people tell me what beautiful babies I have!  I truly believe I was created to have children.  And I'm so glad to fulfill that role!

No comments: