Big things are happening! Kaden is starting to really talk. Da, ba, and ga are the sounds he's making now. And he loves to clap. When Loren gets home from work he'll start clapping. It's the cutest thing!
And today my big girl got her ears pierced! It was on such a whim. We were at the mall getting stuff for Easter and passed Claire's a couple of times. Theona had expressed interest before in getting it done. The first time we passed it, Loren mentioned it. So we asked her if she wanted to do it today.
She was ready so we thought we'd better get it done while she had her nerve up. There was a girl already in the chair, so I thought it might be a good opportunity for Theona to watch the girl get hers done. Well, as soon as the girl put the gun up to her ear, she squirmed and covered her ears. She was terrified. And I'd guess she was probably 10 or so. Her older brother wasn't helping either. He kept saying how he was freaking out and he was probably freaking her out too. Sure enough...she was freaked out.
So they left and her mom told the girl working to keep the paper work and that they might stop back by later.
So then it was Theona's turn. She picked out simple sterling silver balls. Even though she could've gotten her birthstone or the other little rhinestones. She knows what she wants.
And she had picked out another pack of earrings too. So she held on to those while the girl prepped her ears and she didn't even want to hold my hand.
I was so excited/nervous for her that I just put my hand on her arm because I had to at least be touching her. The time came and I had told Theona before that she had to stay super still so she was like a statue. The girl pierced her ears one after the other and Theona didn't even really flinch!
I asked her if it hurt and she did say yes. But she was so brave and I am so proud of her! It may seem like a trivial thing, but to me, after having been through the past year, it's a big deal to do that kind of thing.
Loren was watching Kaden and had to go change his diaper and get a bottle ready for him but he said, "I want to be there when it happens!" He got back in plenty of time so we were both there with her.
We got her an earring holder too, a heart that hangs from her doorknob right now. We'll probably hang it on the wall later.
She keeps saying how much she loves her ears pierced. I was her age when I had my first hole done. And only whimpered after the second ear was pierced. I guess we're both tough cookies.
1 comment:
Little Theona has her ear pierced? She seems way too small for that yet she starts kindergarten this year! She is growing up way too fast! :)
Post a Comment