Tuesday, April 28, 2009

date night

A special treat!

Friday, Loren and I are having a date night. We haven't been out alone since he's been back so this will be much needed.

Both of us really want to see Wolverine. I posted my status on facebook to see if someone wanted to watch the kids. Really quickly we got a response. So Hannah and Emma Jones are going to watch them for us!

We're doing dinner and a movie at Opry Mills since they live super close.

And I have finally been able to walk on my bad ankle. So I won't have to wear the dreaded boot to the mall. Life has been a little surreal the past couple of weeks. Loren has been on leave so we're home together all day but I've been incapacitated with a twisted ankle so he's been basically waiting on me hand and foot.

But now that I can walk, we can get down to business. We'll be packing up the house in the next several weeks. Loren's last day is June 2nd so we have until then to move. And we have to give housing 30 days notice. So basically a month from this weekend, we'll be moving down to Nashville!! Instead of buying, we'll rent...and even though it sucks that we'll have to move again, it'll be a more permanent move. There are several houses for rent so hopefully we'll find something quickly.

Also in that month, Loren will be transitioning to a new job. Weird. Scary. Stressful. But I'll be relieved as well...he won't be in the service anymore. He won't be deployed.

It's a very exciting time for us!

No comments: