I've never gone on a trip without staying at a relative's house since I've moved out of my mom's house. We've gone on vacations before that didn't involve the grandparents, but I was under 18.
And since I've been married, we have NEVER gone anywhere unless it's to stay with our parents or grandparents.
But in a couple of weeks, we'll be heading to Pigeon Forge. Just the four of us. I know there are plenty of people that would watch Kaden for us so that we could really do all the things we wanted to with Theona. But I don't think she'd have that. She loves Kaden too much to leave him behind for a whole week.
She even wanted him to come to the movies with us tonight.
We're staying at the Sunrise Ridge Resort. It's pretty nice from the pictures I've seen. It's just a one bedroom, but Kaden is going to be set up in the living room. And Theona will sleep in the room with us. Or she might sleep on the pull out couch.
There's a full kitchen and even a washer and dryer which is nice having little ones with us. We won't have to pack as many extra outfits if we can wash things at the end of the day if we need to.
I am so excited about this! We can't do a TON of stuff with young ones, but we're going to do this package of the Ripley's stuff. The aquarium, Believe It Or Not Museum and there's a mini golf course. Theona will have a blast with that.
She's gone before but it was two summers ago.
I just hope the weather will be nice. We'll probably end up bringing the Wii with us just in case we have a rainy day.
Man I think I got a van just in time. It'll be nice traveling with it this time. Much more room and I don't have to worry about cramming things in. The only issue might be Kaden, but if we time it right, he can nap most of the way.
We're thinking of leaving town after church on Easter. Check in time is 5 pm so if we left after lunch we should be fine. We'll probably go to the grocery store too and buy stuff for breakfasts and lunches. Plus if we buy a pack of diapers and a can of formula there, that's a lot less we have to pack.
Oh and the outlet mall!! WOOT! It'll be a good time to see what's on sale for Kaden and Theona. They are growing WAY too fast. Kaden can wear some 18 month stuff. Shirts mostly. And Theona can't wear 4T anything anymore.
I wish we could have some friends along with us too. Everything is usually more fun in a group. But it'll be good for Loren and me to just go off and be adults and take a family vacation. The start of many to come hopefully.
We'd love to see more of the US. Eventually we'll rent an RV and take a road trip around the west. I've never been past Texas and there's a lot he hasn't seen on that side of the country even though he lived in Idaho for 8 years.
I can just see us now...with a map and the kids. I got this book from the Target dollar spot about 100 places to take your kids before they're grown. I'd love to try some of them out.
I think our week is going to fly by. The 12th through the 18th. I just hope those schools aren't on spring break then.
1 comment:
You'll have such a great time!
Post a Comment