Well, officially our move out date is the 28th. But we're hoping to push that back to June 1st. I've barely been able to pack anything because we just haven't had any boxes. But I think Loren will be bringing some home in a bit.
It's a big undertaking. We have a lot of...well...crap. It's a lot of stuff we never use. We have a storage unit behind us that is full to the brim and I'd say that besides the holiday things, we haven't needed or used anything in it. So what I'd like to do is clean out a lot of the boxes in there and re-use them. If I haven't used it, touched it, or seen it in the time that we've been living here, it's going in the garbage!
I think it'll feel good to do that too. In the house...that's even worse. We have a lot of things that we just don't need but haven't been able to do anything with them. I'm sure there's a lot of stuff we could bring to Goodwill or just throw away. I wish we could get one of those HUGE dumpsters to just get rid of the stuff.
That would make it a lot easier!
I'm glad to be sort of starting over with a new place. I'm excited for the kids to have their own rooms! And for them to have a place to play! We'll have a den and a living room. So we're trying to decide which room to use as a play room/maybe office area.
There's a small built in desk in the den where the fire place is...which would be a good place to have our living room furniture. But the living room is the first room you come in to so I don't know that we want the first impression to be toys wall to wall.
Once we actually get in the house, we'll be able to make that decision. It's just exciting!
2 comments:
Glad your moving! I hope the packing is going better!
Packing would be going way better if I had someone helping me. And I'm trying my hardest not to blame that someone for not being there. But it's hard. When that someone procrastinated getting his stuff ready to process out of the army...
But I'm really fine. I've packed up our house several times on my own now so I'm kind of used to it.
And as stressful as moving is, I'm SO glad we're moving away from here!
Post a Comment