Tuesday, July 20, 2010

i love planning birthdays!

I just had a very cute discussion with Theona about her birthday.  It's still two months away, but I love planning early because it ensures that I'll be able to get everything I need for it in time.  We didn't really talk about a theme so much, but we were watching Cake Boss and they were making cupcakes.  So we talked about doing a few different styles of cupcakes.  She decided on chocolate cake.  Some with green icing and ladybugs.  Some with white webs and a black spider.  Some with blue icing and dolphins.  We may come up with a few more before Sept. but she's so excited about it! 

It's really a joy for me to put together birthday parties for my kids.  I absolutely love it!  I always try to make the cake myself.  One year, I just did a simple 9x13 pan cake (left it in the pan because we had her birthday at a park) with white icing and drew tinkerbell on it, just her head and part of her torso.  I loved doing that one!  Last year she had a princess sort of cake.  Strawberry icing and chocolate sprinkles.  Lots of different layers.  And Kaden's was a 9x13, and I cut it into the shape of a # 1 <--looked like that actually. 

I can't wait to do these cupcakes!  We may have to do a trial run!

No comments: