Friday, July 9, 2010

getting anxious/excited/impatient!

Jessica ordered a baby gender test online back when she was in her 2nd trimester and I was just reminded of that by Rachel V. this week.  So I asked Jess the website and immediately ordered one!  Jessica's was right, so I'm really anxious to see if mine works too!  I should be getting it today or tomorrow.  Then I'll have to wait to do it first thing the next morning.  You pee in a sample cup, stir in a tube of another liquid and it'll turn either green (for a girl) or orange/red (for a boy).  If you get boy results you have to leave it in the cup, sealed for a week.  I'm guessing it has something to do with the hormones.  If it stays orange/red, it's a boy.  If it turns green, it's a girl.

Then I should have my ultrasound anywhere between the last week of July to the second week of August.  I go to the doctor this Wednesday so it should be scheduled then.  It's hard to believe I'm already 16 weeks (as of tomorrow) and am just now seeing the doctor.  God has truly been with me and baby through this whole thing.  To see lil nugget on that first ultrasound, heartbeat strong was so amazing.  A blessing of immeasurable portion. 

The old wives tale that a heart rate lower than 150 means a boy and higher means a girl is totally bogus.  Theona's heart rate was high, in the 160s, but Kaden's was in the mid to high 150s.  And this one a week and a half ago was at 153.  You never know.  The only thing about the baby gender test website is that they don't show inaccurate results so there's no way of knowing how many tests were wrong. 

It's too bad they don't have stats like that somewhere.  I'm so anxious and excited to buy the baby bedding and we're buying a new carseat this time around.  Both kids used the same one and they say it's best if you buy a new one everytime.  Luckily, best friend Rachel bought our car seat stroller system the first time around.  I also can't wait to buy the material for the diaper bag!  Debbie Sensing is amazing!  I was ready to pay her the fee for making it, but she said she'd do it for free if we bought the material!  And really, most of the material is so cheap!  We just have to buy 2 yards worth. 

So many exciting things coming up once we find out the gender!



UPDATE:

I got the gender test in the mail today.  It tells you to use first morning pee, but then later it says at least 5 hours of urine retention.  So I figured I could go 5 hours without going to the bathroom.  I took a nap after lunch.  Waited another hour or so, then took it.  It just looks like applejuice.  A darker pee, if you will.  But the website says that's still a boy result.  So I have it still sealed up on the bathroom counter.  Waiting another week to see if it's going to change is murder!

So...I looked at some forums and lots of people mentioned the Intelligender brand which is sold online as well as stores.  They carry them at Rite Aid which is 10 minutes away from us, so Loren (being a great husband) is going to see if he can find it there.  If he's able to get one, I'm going to do it first thing in the morning.  See if I get a different result.  A read on one forum where a woman took 5 tests or so...obsessed!  She took them all first thing in the morning, aside from one, which gave her a different result.  Her ultrasound confirmed that the other 4 were right.  So there's a chance that if I do it first thing, I may have a different result. 

Not that I don't want it to be a boy.  Having another little Kaden around here would rock!  But I'm just SO curious to see if the results change!  Ha!  Here's the picture...it looks darker because of the bathroom lighting, but it's pretty light.



UPDATE UPDATE:

Took another test, which you don't have to wait a week if you get a boy result, and it also says boy!  Looks like Theona and I are going to be outnumbered!

No comments: