I am 34 weeks and 5 days pregnant today. 37 days until my due date (and Christmas)! But at my last appointment, Dr. Rodier told me we would talk about induction dates when I go in for my 36 week appointment. She told me that because of something that happened at Vanderbilt, most hospitals/doctors are regulated now and can only induce 7 days before the due date. I'm absolutely fine with 39 weeks...as long as I'm not going 5 days over again.
It actually works out perfectly because Loren has his exams during my 38th week. His last exam is on the 16th and I'll be 39 weeks on the 18th. I'm hoping I can get her to do Friday, the 17th. Then I'd go home on Sunday the 19th or Monday the 20th. And be home in plenty of time for Christmas Eve/Christmas day. If this were our first, I wouldn't care about being in the hospital on Christmas, but since we have two other little ones who are very much into the presents and all, it'll be nice to be at home by then.
I really want to get the tree and decorations out and start on that. I'm afraid I'll go into labor early and I'd hate to not have a tree up. There's a full moon this weekend. I'm not super close to my due date, but my water could very well break. The full moon in December is the 21st as well. But I'm counting on already having baby boy by then. I looked up whent he full moon was in August of 08 when Kaden was born. The 16th. The day he was born. Granted I was induced, but started having regular contractions as soon as they hooked me up to a saline IV. Didn't even have to get pitocin at all. He would've been born that day regardless.
I totally believe there's truth to that whole thing. The barometric pressure that the lunar cycle causes affects the oceans, people's moods, all kinds of stuff. So why not a woman's water...
While it definitely wouldn't be ideal to have the baby at 35 weeks, he'd be a good sized boy I'm sure. Average is around 5.5 lbs at this stage...and he's measuring almost 2 weeks ahead of schedule. And at this point, baby gains 1/2 a pound a week until delivery. So if he's a little over average, I'm guessing he's already around 6lbs. Which means by delivery, he'll be around 8. If I get induced at 39 weeks, that is.
As much as it'd be nice to know for sure exactly when I'll be having him, I'd love to experience that spontaneous labor. My mom is planning to come up during her Christmas break, so I'd love to make it until then so she can be in the room with me again. She was there for Theona, but her school schedule didn't allow it when Kaden was born. I did some preparations today too. I wrote out directions to the hospital from our house. Then directions to Rachel's (in case my mom is the one who has to drive them there), and directions to the hospital from Rach's. Then directions to Aunt Charolette's (in case it's the weekend and she's off), then directions to the hospital from there. I had been a little stressed over thinking about where the kids would be while I'm in the hospital, but it looks like it's not going to be an issue at all. Thank goodness!
Again though, you can plan all day long and it won't make a bit of difference if God has other plans! =)
Oh, I went to Old Navy yesterday and found THE cutest outfit for Lil Nugget!
No comments:
Post a Comment