Monday, November 8, 2010

scheduling conflicts...

A few appointments ago, my doctor told me in not so many words that she would probably induce me early.  Because Kaden was a big baby.  Because I start progressing early.  Because she just flat out rocks!  And I'm more than happy to not have a baby on Christmas.  It would be pretty cool for this little guy to have the same birthday as Jesus, but it would be no fun to be in the hospital on Christmas.  On the other hand...it looks like I'll be in the hospital during Loren's exam week.  Lipscomb has a screwy way of doing it too.  The first exam day starts on Friday the 10th, then continues every day except Sunday until Thursday, the 16th.  And of course, his exams are on Friday, Monday and Thursday. 

So now...if I'm scheduled to be induced on Monday, the 13th, he's going to miss two exams.  But they've already told him he can make them up later.  Which definitely helps. 

I have a feeling at my 37 week appointment, she'll go ahead and tell me that I'm being induced on my 38 week, on the 13th.  That's how it went down when I was pregnant with Theona.  Not that it would happen that way again, but Dr. Rodier is pretty routine.  And that's just 5 short weeks away!  Of course, that doesn't mean I can't go into labor earlier...I'm just hoping I don't!

No comments: