Monday, November 29, 2010

home stretch

Today was my 36 week appointment.  I wasn't expecting to be checked for dilation until next week, but she went ahead and did it today.  And BOY did it hurt!  She has the tiniest hands so it takes quite a bit for her to be able to check.  Anyway, while my cervix is still long, it has been thinning for the past month.  She hasn't given a percentage of effacement yet because it's not that thinned.  But when she checked for dilation today, she told me that I'm 2cm!!  I couldn't believe it! 

Then we talked about induction dates.  I'm definitely not one of those moms who thinks everything should happen naturally...ha!  Induce me early any time!  At my last appointment she mentioned that because of something that happened at Vanderbilt Hospital, certain hospitals started regulating the early inductions.  Unless you have a medical need for it, they want you to wait until at least 7 days before your due date.  I was thinking it'd be around the 18th for me.  But because both ultrasounds I had showed that he was measuring ahead, they're going off of that!  So we set my date for the 14th!  I'll go in at midnight.  AHH!  That's 2 weeks away!  How on earth will I be able to sleep until then??  I'm so excited! 

I was saying last night to a friend that I haven't really reached that nervous stage yet.  She said I may not reach it at all.  With this being my 3rd baby and all, I'm about as prepared as I could possibly be.  There are always unknowns, but for the most part, I'm ready!  I go back to the doctor next Monday and I forgot to ask if I still needed to come to my 38 week appointment since it's literally 11 hours before I'm supposed to go in to be induced.  I'll ask her next time though.  It's so crazy to think that my little boy will be here so soon!

No comments: