I have to say, it's harder in some ways than I thought, but so far we're adjusting pretty well. Getting out of the house takes an extra 10 minutes so as long as I keep that in mind when planning any outing, we get places on time. Paxton is doing great too! He's up to 8 lbs 2 oz (as of the 27th) which is almost a whole pound up from birth weight.
He eats great and processes it well. Sleeping isn't as easy for him. We've got the pack n play (with a bassinet) set up in our bedroom, but he doesn't sleep well in there at all. I don't know if it's the room or the bassinet. But we have what's called the bed buddy (a small pallet with a hard edge around the top half so you don't roll over it in bed) that I put out on the couch yesterday and he had two great naps in it, so I might move that to the bedroom and try that. Both of the other kids slept in it too.
Part of the problem, I think, is that he sleeps so well in our arms that Loren resorts to that a lot in the middle of the night. But I'm trying to break him of it because on January 10th, he'll be back in school and I won't have him to rely on as much for the middle-of-the-night stuff.
Theona and Kaden are adjusting really well too! I was so worried about Kaden at first. He didn't even really acknowledge Paxton at all. But now he loves him and always wants to give him kisses. And he'll randomly come up to him and rub his head, very gently too! Theona is the consummate big sister. Always wanting to hold him. And I LET her! Last Sunday, I was done getting ready, but needed to make bottles for Paxton and a juice cup for Kaden so I had her hold him while I did that. He fell asleep in her arms.
Going to the store is a whole different challenge though. I haven't had to go with all three by myself yet, so I'm sure I will be tested. I couldn't imagine not having Theona there to help...having two kids only 2 years apart is tough when the older of the two is still in diapers and still relys heavily on me. But even in the short two weeks that Paxton has been with us, Kaden has gotten SO big and has gotten a lot more verbal. I'm so proud of all of them! It's so hard to describe the amount of love a person can have in their heart for their kids. And I'm sure a lot of people wonder how you can love each of your babies when you think you've loved as much as you possibly can.
It's kind of like the Grinch...your heart just keeps growing to keep up with the demand! I know there will be a lot of new challenges to come, but I love life with three!
No comments:
Post a Comment