So there’s this thing called Skype. Neal’s parents use it to talk to their daughter, Anna, who is in Ecuador and has been since August.
They both have webcams so they get to talk, face to face. I’ve been over there a couple of times when they’ve talked and got to say hi to her myself.
So Loren tells me today in an email that they have Skype on the computers over there and webcams, so we can have some face to face conversations. He can see Theona, he will be able to see Kaden...
I’ve downloaded it onto the laptop and we have a webcam...we do need a new one though because I’d like to get one that hooks on to the screen.
It’ll be so nice to see him. I’m excited.
Yesterday after church, Theona and I went to McDonald’s to get ice cream cones. We ate them outside on the patio. They were delicious. Then I decided to check out that Red Box thing there. You rent movies for $1 a day. They have all the lastest movies, so we got Enchanted. And even though it was late when we got back, Theona and I stayed up to watch it together. She really did like it. I wasn’t sure because it goes from cartoon to live action. I thought she might get bored with it, but when it was over she said, "Let’s do it again!" It was almost midnight!
So we may start taking advantage of this deal. The closest McDonald’s is just about 5 miles off post, so it’s not too bad. Closer than any video store!
And Idina Menzel was in it!! For those who don’t know, she was the original Elphaba in Wicked and the original Maureen in Rent. She’s done a TON of other broadway stuff...Aida, Avenue Q...and she’s recorded a few albums too. She didn’t sing in Enchanted...there was a song of hers with Jason Marsden that got cut, so maybe if we get the delux dvd, they’ll have it on the deleted stuff.
The guy that did the music was Stephen Schwartz. He was nominated for a couple of Oscars for the songs. He also did the music for Wicked, so I really dig him!
Well, it’s way past breakfast...almost lunch and we’re starving!
No comments:
Post a Comment