Monday, March 23, 2009

pink puke

Another fun evening in the Bailey house.

Theona fell asleep at around 8 while we were watching Prince Caspian. We had just finished dinner shortly before that. Loren put her to bed and while I was watching Medium she woke up and came in the bedroom.

She stood next to the bed for a bit. She was smiling and in a good mood. She got up on the bed, and started to throw up. She only got a little spot on the bed...then some on the floor on the way to the toilet.

Poor Loren was just coming upstairs after taking the trash out front and turning off the lights. She's at the toilet, I'm in the bedroom, he was in between so that I couldn't get around him and he goes, "It's okay Theona, hold your hair back."

I'm like..."Um, hello! You can't tell a 4 year old who's throwing up to hold her hair back. Get in there and do it for her!" So he moves out of the way, I grab a hair tie off my wrist and put her hair back, get a washcloth and hand towel and have Loren clean up the floor in the bedroom.

She felt fine after she was done. I asked her what she wanted to do and she says she wants to just play some games. Too funny!

So we came downstairs after Loren went to bed and played a couple of games on the Wii and when we were just about finished she takes a leap off the couch right to the bucket we had out just in case.

I got her cleaned up and put one of my t-shirts on her. She liked that. I waited a bit more just to make sure she was okay and put her to bed finally. She's got the bucket next to her bed.

For me, it's just another thing....but for Loren this isn't exactly something he's used to. I'm sure she'll be fine though. I think it's because she fell asleep right after she finished eating. She doesn't have a fever either.

Loren...oh boy..."Hold your hair, Theona". I will never let him live that down! HA!

1 comment:

TheBookKnerd said...

I laughed and laughed think of that baby holding her own hair back!!!!!!!! Thats why we have mommys, if I'm puking and I'm home, my Mom still comes in with the washcloth on my forehead while dad stands at the end of the hall asking if I'm ok.