My boy...
He's such a mess! He'll be 20 months old on the 16th. Sometimes I can't even believe how lucky I am to have him! A mother loves her daughter, but there's just something about having a son that is so different. Loren says I'm wrapped around Kaden's finger. I don't know about all that, but I do love my boy! He's such a little stinker sometimes though!
I'll find pieces of banana all over. He loves them. But sometimes they don't get completely eaten. And he likes opening the cabinets and pulling out the pasta. And eating it raw.
His favorite toys are blocks and balls. He got a small basketball from my aunt a couple of months ago and hasn't stopped playing with it! He even slept with it the first week or so. Taking him to Theona's Upward games was always a pain because all he wanted to do was get out on the court and play! I forsee a career!
He's such a talker too. Even though I don't understand half the stuff that comes out of his mouth! He has his own little language. The things I do understand are: Ah gee (all gone), gah did (got it), wassat (what's that), Na Na (Theona), Daddy (self explainatory), Mama (mama, of course), die (hi, when he holds the phone to his ear), nanana (banana)...those are the things he says on a daily basis. There are several things we think he's saying but we can't be sure if that's what he actually means. For instance, he pointed at the coffee maker and said what sounded exactly like coffee.
He's very affectionate but doesn't dole out the hugs and kisses all the time, if that makes any sense. He loves to sit in my lap if I'm sitting on the floor and is constantly crawling up on the recliner with me. Lately he's been leaning back against my chest too which is new. He's always so busy that he doesn't have time to actually sit for too long.
I think he'll have his dad's size. He wears 18 months comfortably but he's been wearing that size for 6 months now. He's hit a plateau, I think. I'm sure he'll hit a growth spurt in no time and I'll be going broke trying to get him a new wardrobe. Luckily, we've gotten quite a few hand-me-downs to help us get through the first year. And summer will be the easiest season, as far as clothes go. Just put him in a t-shirt and some cotton shorts and he's good to go!
He plays well with Theona but when it comes to me, he's got to be in the spotlight. I can't even fix Theona's hair without him trying to get in between us. And it makes cooking or doing the dishes hard because I'll be standing at the stove or sink and he's trying to stand in front of me so I can look at him! I was trying to do laundry today and couldn't fold so much as a pair of socks without him climbing in my lap.
I can't lie. I love that he loves me so much! Even if it gets inconvenient to do things, I'd rather him be that way than not at all. I'm sure in 10 years or so I'll be begging him to spend time with me!
I can't wait to see what he's like in 6 months. He's stubborn, mischievious, and sometimes rotten...
But I wouldn't trade him for anything! Because he also loves me somethin' fierce!
No comments:
Post a Comment