Thursday, April 8, 2010

these are a few of my favorite things...

I can't even express how much I love my camera.  I'm kind of obsessed with pictures.  Not just taking them but looking at them.  Over and over.  I look at pictures from my childhood all the time.  So a camera has been the perfect anniversary gift.  I've taken at least 200 pictures since I got it.  And that number is only growing! 

I only wish Loren got to use his gift more.  He picked out a gun.  I've never been a huge fan of having a gun in the house, but he's a great shot!  He brings home his target sheet from the range and rarely misses the head or heart.  Which is why I feel safe, rather than at risk while having a gun at home.  And we have a gun safe in the garage so the kids probably won't ever even see the guns.  Anyway, I digress... 

Having a best friend who is also an amazing photographer has helped keep my interest.  It's such an art form.  Sometimes I think anyone can take a good picture, but it does take a certain eye to capture a nice shot.  Especially when you really know your camera.  There are still so many things I need to learn.  And settings I've never even used!  I'd love to take a class.  And I'd like to get at least one more lens.  Here are some of the most recent pictures I've taken:

No comments: