In two days, I will be 20 weeks! The "half way" point of pregnancy. I'm hoping that I reached the half way point two weeks ago...because I'm hoping that my doctor will induce me at 38 weeks like she did with Theona. If my body and baby are ready, that is. Baptist isn't known for being the easiest to plan an induction though. They're such a busy hospital that emergencies would obviously take precedence. I've felt internal kicks since week 15, but I felt a kick from the outside this week! It's so funny how in the beginning you'd do anything to feel those sweet movements...but by the end, it's not so much annoying but just so constant.
I get a lot of "How are you feeling?" when I go to church. I usually give just a generic answer. There are only so many ways I can say I'm feeling great. =) I've been extremely lucky with every pregnancy. Even though I've been pregnant during summer with both Theona and Kaden, this time it isn't nearly as bad because I'm only almost 5 months pregnant now. My first winter baby!
I can tell the difference in physical activity. I get worn out a lot more easily. And I've had to let Loren step in and take on the bulk of Kaden "duty" when it comes to diaper changing. If he's not there for whatever reason, I will just change Kaden's diaper on the couch so I don't have to pick him up. My doctor told me at the last appointment that one of the biggest causes of back pain during pregnancy is lifting other children. And since Kaden is almost 30 lbs (or probably already is), I try not to pick him up too much.
I think it'll be difficult to balance my attention once the new baby arrives. Theona won't be an issue...she wasn't at all when Kaden was born. But Kaden already requires SO much of my time and attention. I don't want him to feel like he's being ignored because of the baby. And I think he'll be great...very sweet and loving. He loves on his stuffed animals a lot. And offers hugs to Theona all the time.
I can't even begin to imagine what it will be like to go from 2 to 3. Going to 2 wasn't all that hard. Which is crazy for me to say considering Loren was gone for the first 7 months of Kaden's life. But Theona was already almost 4 and a HUGE help! Theona will still be a big help to me, and Kaden will even attempt to help. He loves throwing things away for me...it's really cute!
I'm feeling more and more like this baby is a girl. I've never been one to have gut feelings on what the gender is. But it really does seem like a girl to me. The middle name we've picked out for a girl is perfect for a baby born around Christmas time too. I still have 2 weeks to find out what it is! I may just die!
No comments:
Post a Comment