Thursday, August 19, 2010

happy birthday to me!

My doctor allowed me to schedule my ultrasound for today, which is also my 29th birthday!  So we got up this morning and took the kids over to Rachel's so we could go the ultrasound alone.  It was at the same place where we had the one for Theona.  They gave us a VHS tape for hers!!  How funny is that?! 

We got there 15 minutes early so we could fill out the paperwork and almost immediately got called back!  The tech asked if we knew what the sex was yet.  Then asked if we wanted to find out.  We, of course, said yes!

So I laid down and almost as soon as she started the ultrasound she was able to tell us!  She said, "Well, it's not a girl!"  Then she pointed out his little boy parts.  =)  I'm really so excited!  His profile shot looked just like Kaden's in his ultrasound.  Everything looked normal.  All of his organs were the right size and where they were supposed to be.  His heart rate is 155.  I guessed it'd be in the mid 150s.  It was 154 at the first ultrasound. 

The one thing that was unusual is that he's measuring a week ahead.  But we know for sure when we conceived, so he's just a big baby.  It makes me nervous...because that could mean I have gestational diabetes.  But he could also just be a big boy.  He was measuring right on at 14 weeks when I had the first u/s. 

But I'm confident that my doctor will induce me early if she thinks he's going to be bigger than average.  I'm 21 wks and 5 days.  He's measuring at 22 wks and 3 days.  Not too bad. 

Now I get to pick out all the fun stuff!!  Car seat, bedding...and clothes!  We still have a bunch from Kaden, but not a lot of the 0-3 or 3-6 month clothes because we had given them to the Cowarts for Caleb.  And I can't wait for my Debbie diaper bag!!

If this baby boy is anything like his big brother, I will be so THRILLED! 

No comments: