Kaden has finally done it. He has figured out how to climb out of his crib. He probably could've done it a long time ago, but he never had the urge too, I guess. Goodness, it just seems like it's all of the sudden! He's 2, which is a good time to introduce the toddler bed. But he's not used to that level of freedom. We put the bed together and tried it out at naptime yesterday. He wasn't having it at all. He came out of the room every 30 seconds or so. Obviously it's going to take some time for him to get used to the idea. But we just couldn't commit to it yesterday so we didn't want to really try it yet.
We turned the crib around because the back and sides are a little higher than the front. He took a very good nap after that. And after we put him down for the night, he stayed there until 6 am...which is when he was able to scoot his crib out far enough from the wall that he was able to climb out. Because we have hard wood floors and his crib had wheels on it, he was able to move it around the room a little bit. I took care of that though! ;) I took the wheels off so that I'll be able to put him down for a nap this afternoon. He clearly still needs them. It was so different with Theona. She would play in her room and after a while it would get really quiet. I'd go check on her and she'd be fast asleep. Either in her bed or even on the floor! We lived in an apartment with carpet at the time.
Then one day she just quit taking naps. But she was over 3 years old by then. I wish Kaden was more like that! But I'm not complaining! They both sleep great at night so it's not a huge deal. He's just getting so big so fast!
Today he added a new phrase to his vocabulary. "My juice." He can say several words by themselves, but he only says a few phrases. "I want some. I wanna get down. I eat it all gone. I got a ball. I wanna go bye bye." And I may not always love it when he says this, but right now when he says "why", it is just the cutest thing!
At the end of the day, there's not a whole lot I can complain about. And I love my kids!!
No comments:
Post a Comment