I have had so many people ask me in the last couple of weeks either when I'm due, or if I'm having twins. Because apparently, I look like I'm almost ready to give birth. I get that my baby bump is big. And looks bigger than just 23 1/2 weeks along right now. But it doesn't make me feel all that great to have people pointing it out.
When I went in for my 20 week appointment, Dr. Rodier measured my uterus. It was 26 cm. When measuring the uterus, the cm should equal the week you're in. But I've had several pregnancies now. So she said it wasn't abnormal to measure bigger. And at the ultrasound, we saw that baby is measuring 2 weeks ahead in the torso, 1 week ahead in the limbs and head. And I also just read that when you have pregnancies that are fairly close together, the uterus is bigger. So all of those factors put together equals a bigger baby bump.
It doesn't help that I do have extra weight there too. But I'm not getting bigger anywhere else. And in fact have lost fat and only gained weight related to the pregnancy. Even people who have been pregnant before are asking me those questions...they should know better.
No woman wants to hear "Are you sure you're not having twins?" It's not funny. And I get tired of explaining to them why it looks like I'm having twins. I may just start saying, "Nope, not twins. I'm just fat. But thanks for pointing that out." Or "Well, I must be having twins if you think I look so big." It's not that I'm super sensitive about it. But it gets annoying answering those questions over and over...
I wish I could make an announcement to all the people I know... "Be sensitive."
No comments:
Post a Comment