With Kaden figuring out that he can climb out of the crib, life around here has been a little hectic. Not only that, but he has started waking up before the sun in the last week. Yesterday he woke up at 5 am. I made him a cup of warm milk and put him back down. He got up about 45 minutes later. I stayed up with him. Not fun. Today he woke up before 4:30. I made him a cup and put him back down. He got up a little later. I put him back in bed. He got up again. I put his mattress on the toddler bed frame and put the gate up in front of his door. That way, he could be up in his room and play but still have a bed to lay on if he got tired enough to go back to sleep.
Loren left for school around 6 am. So I was grateful that we had a gate to put up. I was able to fall back asleep (FINALLY) and slept until around 9. I'm not sure what is causing this change in routine. It could be a growth spurt. It could be just his internal clock changing.
We usually put him to bed around 7 at night. I'm thinking we're gonna have to change that. Putting him to bed a couple of hours later could be the difference between a 4 am wake up call to a 6 am wake up. I'd relish another 2 hours of sleep in the morning! One thing I'm sure of though...it's definitely preparing me for the arrival of the latest Bailey edition baby...
Another thing I'm sure of...I'll be buying a more secure gate...for when he learns how to climb over the one we have now. We'd like to get the kind that has a swinging door. It fits into the doorway with a pressure mount, so we don't have to screw anything in.
And I'm positive that 3 kids is going to be a HUGE challenge. But a good one! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment