I have an iPhone app called What to Expect. I can keep track of a countdown to the due date with it, and it also has stuff about baby's development and mine. Today it says:
14 weeks 3 days to go!! I'm 25 weeks 4 days and closing in on the 3rd trimester (I'll be there the first week of October!). I only have 2 more days until I'm under 100 to the due date!! And the baby is as big as an eggplant (9.2 in, 2 lbs)...but since my ultrasound, we know he's a little bit bigger than that. From the time they first weighed me at the doctor's office, I have only gained 1 lb (I was already 14 weeks along). I had gained about 2 lbs from the beginning of the pregnancy. Then lost 2 lbs. Now I've gained 3 from there. I'm trying to eat healthy and it seems to be helping keep that weight off. I've been able to only gain "baby" related weight.
There's also a section for the week you're in. Baby's development this week consists of opening his eyes and his brain-wave activity is kicking in which means he can not only hear sounds, but respond to them as well. And he's running out of room to do somersaults...which I can honestly say I haven't felt much of. He kicks and punches all the time, but I have never actually felt him turning around or anything. His kicks are powerful enough to not only feel from the outside, but to see! I'll catch my belly jumping out of the corner of my eye all the time.
No comments:
Post a Comment