Thursday, September 23, 2010

great news

Last Friday, I went in for my glucose test to determine whether or not I have gestational diabetes.  The orange drink they give you is SO gross!!  Like flat orange soda with extra syrup.  And you have to drink it within 5 minutes.  I just gulped it down as fast as I could to get it over with.  And I had a bottle of water with me so I was able to get rid of the taste quickly too.

The lab where I went had a room with a couple of blood drawing chairs where I sat.  They had a TV in there too, so I just watched TV while I waited.  After drinking the solution, you wait an hour and they draw your blood. 

I was thinking I wouldn't hear any news about it until my next appointment (Oct 6th) if it was normal and they would call me if I needed to go back in to do the 3 hour test if the numbers were bad.  So when I had a message from the nurse at my doctor's office, my heart rate jumped up.  But she told me the numbers looked great!  Such a relief.  She did say my iron was low, but nothing a pill a day won't fix.  I had to be on iron when I was pregnant with Theona too. 

I just keep thinking that my body was made for pregnancy and labor.  I've had such a smooth ride with all of them.  When people ask if we're going to have more after this one, my response is usually that we want to see how things are after he's born.  Going from 2 to 3 is pretty hard from what I hear.  At that point, mom and dad are outnumbered by the kids.  Theona and Kaden have both had their moments that have been harder than normal to deal with.  But all in all, they are really fantastic kids and we've been so blessed!  I can't wait to hold this little man in my arms!

No comments: