Saturday, August 20, 2011

30 and 1 day

Since we had such a big day/late night yesterday, the kids are all still sleeping.  It's almost 11am!!  So I thought I'd take this opportunity to blog a bit about my big milestone.

Yesterday really started off like any other day around here.  I got up with all three kids at 9am while Loren slept for another hour and a half.  Ha!  My dad called around 9:30 to wish me a happy birthday and asked if I'd gotten breakfast in bed.  Psh!  Not a chance!  Although, I can't complain.  Not too long ago, Loren had to be up early for some reason and went and got McDonald's breakfast.  I had still been in bed when he got back.  So when the kids woke up, he dealt with them.  And had Theona and Kaden bring me a breakfast sandwich and a hash brown.  That was pretty sweet.

Anyway, the day went on without any big hoopla which I was fine with.  I knew I'd be going to get my nails done with Rachel so I was looking forward to that.  I started getting ready and Theona kept saying she wanted to go with me.  Poor girl.  I'd had a feeling that there was something going on after getting our nails done but I didn't want to pacify her by saying she'd get to do something fun after I left. 

Rachel got to my house around 4 and we left for a nail salon down the road from church.  Her cousin, Ellen joined us and we had a good time there.  It was actually pretty funny because we ended up talking about the woes of pregnancy.  Ellen is expecting in mid-January.  And then the conversation turned to health insurance.  They joked about how we were talking about the perfect subjects for my 30th birthday.  Honestly, I could talk about anything when I'm with those girls.  =)

So when we were done with our nails, we headed back toward home.  And then Rachel slowed to pull into the church parking lot.  And of course, I knew by then that there was a party.  As we turned the corner around the building, I saw my family and friends under the drop off.  Shouting "surprise" and waving their arms...but the windows were rolled up so I couldn't hear it.  TOO funny! 

Once we got inside, Rachel and Jackee explained that they had conspired together!  They've never met in person until last night.  That's why I love my friends!  A couple weeks ago, I was at the Cowarts and when I was getting ready to leave, I misplaced my phone.  I set it down on the kitchen counter.  Went to put my shoes on, and when I came back it was gone.  I looked around the kitchen for a while and finally looked over next to my purse in the living room and there it was.  I knew I had set it on the counter, but I thought they were just messing with me.  We had just been messing with Nate before that, Taylor had taken his phone and passed it to Rae.  So I didn't question it when my phone showed up in a different room.  Deborah told me last night that they had to get Rachel's phone number out of it to give to Jackee. 

I don't know who all was involved in decorating, but it looked amazing!  We were in the cafe lobby with round tables.  White table clothes, mason jars with big colorful flowers and balloons attached.  Purple and green.  I loved it!  And Ellen brought her karaoke system with her.  We had a great time!  27 adults, 12 kids...my heart was full!  And the food was great too!  Jessica made amazing sausage balls.  And Rae and Deborah brought some really yummy hummus.  But probably the best of all was the cake.  Not only did it taste delicious...the picture on it was ridiculous!  There's a comic strip character, Ziggy.  He's a little bald guy...he wears a blue shirt and pants.  The guys on my cake looked like him.  Except they were naked with their hands or legs covering...ya know.  They were laughing and at the top it said "You're how old?!"  Publix needs to think about maybe clothing those guys!  Adam said it looked like it was "Swinger" themed.  Oh my word, I'm still laughing about it! 

As the party died off and we started packing up, Rachel invited me and Theona to her house to karaoke a little more with her and Ellen.  So I went home with Loren and the boys to get my van.  I put Kaden to bed and headed back out.  We karaoked for an hour or so and then Ellen had to leave.  Rachel put on Tangled for Theona and Evie while we watched You Again.  It was a really funny chick flick.  I couldn't have asked for a better way to celebrate turning 30!

I am truly blessed with friends and family that love me!!  It doesn't get much better than this.

No comments: