Friday, August 19, 2011

a decade ago.

10 years ago, I was turning 20 on this day.  I thought, how amazing it's going to be in my 20s.  Lots of things happened.  Marriage, pregnancies, a miscarriage.  Deployments and reunions.  And 3 family members passing.  And an event that effected the entire world, especially our country.  9/11

It's hard to believe a decade has gone by.

Before that, I was a care-free young adult.  We had a party at my apartment.  Swimming and then board games.  I remember thinking how lucky I was.  To have my friends and sister there with me.  Having good fun. 

Now, turning 30, it feels like I have to be a real adult now.  I still try to have silly fun.  But maybe I feel like I have to be a grown up because I've got 3 kids.  I have to make life fun for them.  And I'm ok with that job responsibility. 

But I hope today, as I turn another decade older, I can relax and do things for me.  I forget to do that a lot.

No comments: