Tuesday, August 30, 2011

sibling bond

Brothers and sisters fight like cats and dogs.  I never fought with Adam.  Being 10 years older, we were never in any situations where it came to that.  Amy and I, on the other hand, were a completely different story.  There were times when we got along fabulously.  And other times when I'm sure my parents thought we were going to murder each other!  I see that in my kids too.

Theona and Kaden play together all the time.  Kaden relies on her a lot.  I can't even tell you how many times a day I hear, "Theona come on!"  One second they're laughing and playing make believe together.  The next, they're screaming at each other.  Kaden is at the age of physical reactions.  So when he's mad, he usually throws whatever is in his hands.  And if he doesn't have something in his hands, he grabs the first thing he sees to throw it.






Even though there are 4 years in between them, I really feel like they'll be very close as they grow up.  They shared a room when he was first born, up until he was 9 months old.  She thought it was so cool to have a roommate.  =)
And now she has a different roommate.  She's like a mini-mom.  Paxton wakes up in the morning and she plays with him until he can't wait anymore for a bottle.  She comes down to wake me up so I can get him.  He loves her.  Adores her.  If anyone can get a smile out of him, it's her.  I sometimes feel bad that she didn't have a brother or sister closer in age...but with my niece, Natalie, being less than 2 years younger I think she got enough play time with her.


 Now, Kaden and Paxton...hmm...not sure about their brotherly love yet.  Ha!  Paxton is in awe of him...but Kaden doesn't always return that feeling.  He hasn't been jealous at all of him.  But if Paxton starts inching towards him, his first reaction is to push him away.  It could be the slobbery hands!  But I think they'll get into so much trouble together.  And look out for each other. 







And it's amazing how all three of my kids have such different personalities.  Theona is a girly tomboy.  Her favorite color is purple, but she more often then not chooses the boy toy at McDonald's for her Happy Meal.

You'd think to look at Kaden, he'd be all boy.  And most of the time he is, but he loves carrying around Theona's purses.  Or wearing her dress up shoes.  And I've never seen a more smiley kid.  He was basically born smiling.  And he loves his mama.  He ran up to me on my birthday when I got to my surprise party just wanting to give me a hug because he hadn't seen me in 2 hours.  He's my buddy and I call him that more than Kaden.



It's hard to really say what Paxton is going to be like.  But right now, he's an observer.  He doesn't talk a lot.  He doesn't smile a lot.  He watches what's going on around him.  He's low maintenance.  I can tell ya that!  They've all been mostly easy going which has been a true blessing.  =)






1 comment:

Teri said...

Each of your beautiful kids are so fun and unique! You are such a wonderful mom, and I'm so proud to call you my friend!