Tuesday, February 26, 2008

for the love of music!!

Anyone who knows me at all, knows that I love to sing. It's basically something I've done since I could make a noise. I've been in choirs my whole life. There's nothing like being in a big group of people and singing in four parts.

Mostly, I've been a soprano. My range is pretty good, I think. In high school, I would get moved around a lot between the parts because I could follow just about anything. There weren't a whole lot of guys at Father Ryan who wanted to do choir, so we mostly did women's pieces with 4 parts.

Same in college. I was in the Women's Choir there and got shifted around a bit.

So now I'm doing church choir and I'm on the praise team, finally! This weekend was my first Sunday to do praise team. It was really fun, but exhausting! I don't think I'll be wearing heels on those days anymore. If I weren't pregnant, it'd be a different story, but I'd rather take it as easy as possible on my feet.

Another guy on praise team is Chad. He's been hounding me to do a duet with him for a while now and I really am looking forward to it, but we just haven't picked out any songs yet. I don't really know where to look for duets. Hopefully, we'll find something we both love.

If anyone knows of any songs we could do, please feel free to share!

No comments: