Monday, February 25, 2008

pregnancy blessings and woes

Okay, so as of today, I am 16 weeks and 0 days along. Honestly, I haven't been keeping track of the weeks much since I made it through the first trimester. I was so worried about miscarrying, which is still a possibility at this point, but I have faith that God wouldn't bring me this far to turn it around on me now.




Today's tip on the pregnancy calendar at WebMD...




Eat lots of bran cereal, fruit, and vegetables to avoid constipation and hemorrhoids.




Lovely.




Here's a picture from a website I'm a member of (http://www.i-am-pregnant.com/vip/made2Bmom):

Five and a half inches tall and only six ounces in weight. The child can grasp with his hands, kick, or even somersault. At this time, your baby is holding her head erect. Because her muscles are developing, she can make some faces now. Your baby is able to squint, frown and open its mouth. There is enough calcium in the bones that they will show up on an x-ray. Your baby's fingernails are well formed now and the legs are longer than the arms. Because your baby is moving well now, you may begin to feel his movements! Some women say that the early movements feel like gas bubbles or a slight flutter. If you have not yet felt the baby move, don't worry. Fetal movements are usually felt between the 16th and 20th week of pregnancy.
I don't know that I've truly felt any fetal movement yet. It's a bit hard to distinguish between that and settling digestion...but it wouldn't be abnormal if I have felt the baby move. I have 14 days until the ultrasound! WOOT! I am so excited to find out the gender!
One thing that comes along with pregnancy is super human smelling abilities. It's such a big annoyance to me because I'm kind of obsessive when it comes to smells in the first place. So now every little scent effects me. I can't stand smelling gross things. Right now, there is a mystery smell in our bedroom and I can't quite figure out where it's coming from. It appeared last night out of nowhere! It's giving me this constant headache. I kept thinking, maybe it's me! But I'd leave the room, not smell it anymore and come back in and smell it again. It's just so weird because when we came home last night, it didn't smell at all, and sometime between getting Theona ready for bed and getting myself ready, it just came into existance.
I have the window open to air out the room a bit, but it doesn't seem to be working.
I WILL find it, sooner or later!

No comments: