
There's a new coffee drink at Sonic. It looks SOOO good. I'm not a huge coffee drinker, but with this pregnancy, I'm really having strong cravings.
And right now, I can just about taste the drink in my mouth. But of course, that's not good enough.
I've been trying to stay away from soda since I got pregnant, but I haven't quite been successful. Some fast food places just don't have a good selection. Especially if their sweet tea is a fountain drink. That stuff is so nasty.
But I've definitely kept it down to less than one soda a week. Other than that, I've been strictly on juice and water.
Earlier today, I saw a commercial for 7UP and I just
really wanted one. I love a good Shirley Temple, and it would be so nice to have a tall glass of it. But I'm trying to do all the right things here.
I have a doctor's appointment on Friday so I can find out my weight gain so far. My last appointment was January 30th. I had actually lost 8 pounds since getting pregnant. Apparently it's normal to gain 8 pounds. But in my case, I'm okay with losing it. I'm actually healthier now than I was then.
I think the baby is starting to move more.
I was leaving a friend a comment on Myspace because she had asked how the kids were. I was mentioning the movement and referred to the baby as "her". First time I've done that. My gut feeling is that it is a girl. But I could be totally off, which is why I'm trying to say it...which I hate. But when you need to use a pronoun, it's pretty much the only choice.
I also have a gut feeling that I've got gestational diabetes. Just an inkling. My sister had it when she was pregnant with Natalie. She basically had to cut out ALL sugar. She doesn't drink soda at all. Never has. She just doesn't like it. So she grew up on juice and sweet tea. She had to start making her sweet tea with Splenda. I'd like to do that anyway. Even if I don't have G.D. 
I'm going to try to cut out sugar from my regular diet. Every once in a while won't kill me, but I think it will really help with the weight loss.
I've never publicly announced how much weight I want to lose. I think a lot of people would be surprised, because most people don't think I weigh as much as I do. I just carry it well, I guess. And dress well for it.
But I want to lose at least 70 lbs. It would put me at the high end of the range for my height. In high
school, I weighed around 120. I was so comfortable with my body. I loved being that size. Shopping was extremely easy. I could always find something that fit.
But I doubt I'll ever be that weight again and really don't want to be. I'd be happy with 150, or 140. Or 130. My curves are a bit different than when I was 16. My mom is kind of an inspiration for me. She exercises like crazy and tries to keep her diet simple, but with variety. Her cooking is amazing and most of my weight gain is because I'm not living with her anymore to eat her meals! She gained 70 lbs when she was pregnant with my brother, but lost almost all of it soon after.
And she's been able to maintain a good healthy weight over the years. Another risk for being overweight in my family is diabetes. My great grandmother had it, my uncle is borderline and my granny has it. It is so present in both sides, so I'd like to lose the weight for that reason as well. It's so weird. Being skinny my whole life. Having great metabolism. Then I just lose that. I have no problem maintaining a weight. I just have problems losing it. I never had to do much before to not gain weight, so it's hard for me to switch gears and get into a different frame of mind.
I'm not good with diets because I just don't really like cooking. And I'm horrible with exercise because, well, having the extra weight puts pressure on my back and knees and it's hard for me to do a lot of physical stuff because of that.
But I'm really hoping to be successful at breast feeding this time around. Even in the hospital, I never really
got Theona to latch on. Plus I had an over-abundance of milk and she would choke on it because it was coming out so fast. I'd love if this baby is just a natural at it. It's a great way to get your stomach down quicker. And it's cheaper.
But I don't really have to worry about that for another 5 months.
I also have a feeling that this will be a July baby. My due date is August 11th, but I had Theona two weeks early. At my 37 week appointment, the doctor noticed I was progressing a lot quicker than normal and decided that I would be induced the next week. It would be lovely if that happened again. The last two weeks are supposed to be the hardest. Her due date was Oct. 4th. Her birthday is Sept. 20th.
I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
No comments:
Post a Comment