Monday, February 25, 2008

WOMAN



I got this 2008 calendar from the dollar spot at Target. One of my favorite places to shop! And each month has a quote from a famous woman. January's was: "I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it." - Marilyn Monroe. And February's is: "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else." - Judy Garland.




I love being a woman! In history, women have had to overcome a lot to be where we are today.




I love that I can wear pants to church and not feel like a heathen. I love that I can speak my mind, have ideas and hold my head high for being that way. I love that I can vote. I love that I can have the same job as a man. I love that I can carry a child. I love that I don't have to wear pantyhose! In my opinion, being a woman is pretty easy these days. There are still things that we struggle with, but in my life, I can be a woman and proud of it.

No comments: