Well, Loren called this morning. He gets home on Saturday! I'm super stoked and am so ready for this whole thing to be over. When he first told me when his flight was, I could've sworn he said he'd be leaving on the 14th...but it turns out he's getting home then. He said early morning...I'm not sure if he means like before the sun comes up, or maybe like a 9 am arrival.
I went to Walmart today to pick up a few random things. So I pull down an aisle to park, this guy is getting in his car. He unloaded his cart and got his son in, and he leaves the cart in the spot next to him. It was empty and I was waiting to pull in after he finished unloading.
Minutes are passing. There's a car behind me waiting to pull forward. I hate when people wait and wait for a spot to become available....like if someone has a cart full of groceries and they have just gotten to their car...
And besides that, it was a really pretty day, so I really could've kept on driving and pulled in to the next aisle. I didn't think the guy would take that long to get his cart out of the way...and it's not like I was waiting for HIS spot. I was waiting for a spot that was already open!
So he gets in his car...and doesn't pull out or anything. Just sat there for a while...but I got out of the van, still in the middle of the aisle, and moved the cart out of the way...while he sat in his car and watched.
So ridiculous.
But I've adopted a new attitude about things. I may have let that mess up my day a while ago...but today I let it roll off my back. I had a great day and enjoyed the weather. I'm watching my Monday night shows and Kaden is in bed for the night. Theona is doing a workbook. And a week from today, Loren will be home!!
And I'll be at a New Kids concert! I told him today about the concert and he is making me go. He actually jumped at the chance to be with the kids. Some people might think I'm crazy for wanting to go to a concert right after my husband gets home from a year at war. But he'd be upset if I quit planning things because I didn't know when he would be home.
And it's only a few hours. The point is, I'll be able to come home to him!! Heck yeah!
He might come to Bunco with me too. Since it's my month to host, if we had our own place, he'd be there anyway. Plus, he can help with the kids...or dinner...he loves cooking.
You know...I'm just not going to know what to do with myself when he's home...it'll be such an adjustment! We've experienced that period before too. I think the hardest thing for me is letting him parent. And probably the hardest thing for him to is to get out of that "I'm at war and living with a bunch of guys and I'm a man's man and yada yada."
But I think we've come through so much and we'll be able to mesh together again.
No comments:
Post a Comment