The weekend in a nutshell...
Friday: Monica and the kids went with us to see Paul Blart: Mall Cop...it was hilarious! Kevin James is a riot! If you've never seen King of Queens...you should, that show was so funny. We didn't do anything fancy for dinner. Just ate at home and had popcorn at the movies. After the movie, we came home and just hit the sack. Being sick, even with just a cold can make you so tired!
Saturday: Late morning. We woke up and had a small snack. I got us packed up and ready to head down to Nashville. We ate lunch on the way. We went to Aunt Charolette's house. I brought the Wii down so that kept us entertained for a bit. Charolette had a missions thing at church after dinner, so we went up there for that. Kaden was fighting off a nap so hard that I had to just go over to the play room with Theona and him so he could at least get down and play. We went home afterwards and played a little more Wii. Then went to bed so we could get a good night's sleep before church in the morning.
Sunday: Early to rise. I got up at 6:45 to get ready for church. Kaden was still asleep, thank goodness! I left the house in plenty of time to practice the choir song before the service. Ben had the solo and I love hearing him sing. He may not think he has a good solo voice, but that opinion is relative. Church was the usual. About 5 minutes before the service was over, my mom called. I grabbed the phone and left, thinking it might be Loren or the automated call telling me his flight info. But nope. Just my mom, wanting to chat. She forgot about the time difference. Lunch at Aunt Charolette's. Theona actually ate beef stew! I couldn't believe it. Mostly she ate the potatoes but I'm surprised because it was in the beef bouillon. More Wii. Back to church for choir practice. I only got to sit in for 15 minutes because I had a Women's Retreat meeting. We talked about what music we'll be singing. Kaden was in the meeting too...he scooted around the floor while we talked. He really is getting around! We ended the meeting right at 6, so I rushed downstairs to get Kaden in the nursery and get ready for the preschoolers to come down. I had a dvd of this Redbox exclusive TV show, Skunk Fu. I just put that in for the kids to watch because I was completely unprepared for preschool choir. I have two cds of kids songs that I keep in the car and I just didn't have the time to grab them out after the meeting. Anyway, they watched two episodes and played the rest of the time in the play room. I didn't get upstairs in time for the church meeting about voting for the Youth Minister candidate...but I heard it was a productive meeting and we have a new youth minister. I'm excited for Aaron and Casey. And I hope it's God's will that they are still here when Theona and Kaden are in the youth group. After church, we went over to Mark and Rae's house. We used to play Yahtzee all the time and hadn't since Caleb was born. But we pulled out the game again tonight. I won the first game! 267! And Deborah won the 2nd game with over 400 points! I think everyone was tired so we headed out a little earlier than normal.
Here's where my day gets...well, not bad. Maybe just annoying. Lately, when I get back home, there are no parking spots in front of my building. There are supposed to be two parking spots for each unit...12 total. One is designated for the unit, the other is an extra visitor spot. Even though the designated spot has our unit number and letter on it, the office says it's a first come, first serve basis. Cool, I can deal with that. As long as there is at least ONE spot for me when I get home. So tonight, I actually got a spot. But both cars on either side are parked RIGHT ON the white line. The car on my passenger side is crooked too, so their back end is actually over into my parking spot. I could barely get Kaden's car seat out because they were so close. Same with Theona...I could barely get her out, and carry her...because she was passed out. After I got everything in, and got the kids in bed, I called housing to leave a message about how the parking has been lately. The past couple of weeks have been the same...not in every parking spot, but it seems the people that park on either side of my designated spot have been parking right on the line. So I suggested they either repaint the lines, or send a notice to each house that when parking, they need to take better care to pay attention to where they are pulling in.
The other day when we were leaving to go to the store, there was an empty spot on the driver's side of the van. But the van on the other side of mine was parked just over the line into my spot, so when I had parked in that spot, I was just on the line on my driver's side. Someone in a compact car pulled in right when I was getting the kids in the car. Well, the truck on their driver's side was parked right on the line too, so he SQUEEZED in this spot. He barely had room to get out himself, and when I got to the driver side of the van, I couldn't even open my door, so I told him and he said "Well, you're kind of parked right on the line." Coincidentally the people in the van next to me were leaving and they heard him say that and apologized to me. They don't live in the building but their friend who does was babysitting their twins for them, and they were picking them up. I told them they were fine and not to worry about it. The guy got back in his little matchbox car and pulled out enough for me to get in and the pulled right back into the spot, even though he was super close to the truck on his driver's side.
I swear...people that don't live in this building are killing me! They have no respect whatsoever for the people who actually do live here and need these parking spots. They think they have the right to park however and wherever they want and take up as many spots as they see fit. And it's not entirely their fault. Housing did NOT plan well when they made the parking areas around this particular building. Most of the other buildings were set up in a U shap, so that there are two buildings facing each other and another facing the street, with a huge parking area in the middle of it all. They have plenty of space, and never have to worry about who's parking where. Unlike our building that goes right up to the street and we have no where else to park for overflow.
Whatever...we'll be moving soon enough. UGH! But it's still no fun to deal with while we do live here.
That was my weekend. Hopefully this week will bring news of Loren's flight home!
No comments:
Post a Comment